Our main objective on this website is to rate the best online poker sites of 2017 in an honest and unbiased fashion. Many poker websites claim to be the best – but we plan on putting them all to the test evaluating factors such as rakeback and bonuses, ease of deposit, speed of withdrawal, and quality of game selection/traffic at stakes you want to play at.
Our unique search tool allows players to search operators based on the options most important to them. Use our database to find brands that accept players in your country, using your local currency, with software translated into your language. Additionally, our focus is on regulated markets – as the last few years have shown the offshore industry to be unsafe in terms of real money players funds, safety, and security. Fact is, most of the problems we see in the industry come from offshore rooms that have a difficult time maintaining an acceptable level of business practices when the markets they try to engage don’t want them doing business there. It is our opinion that regulated poker = safe poker.
We only reccomend playing at legal, licensed, poker sites. Note, US players in 47 states only have access to offshore/unregulated options. For now we list the ones we trust, but this is still not the same as our official motto which is stay safe, and play regulated. If you are in a hurry and looking for a place to play poker online right now, simply choose from one of the reputable providers listed below. If you crave more refined info, read on.
A wide variety of online poker websites offer real money and practice play to online poker players. When choosing an online poker site, it’s important to look for qualities such as multiple poker game variations, lucrative bonuses and promotions, responsive customer support, various secure banking methods and support for your country and currency.
While US players can currently only enjoy legal poker sites in three states right now (Delaware, Nevada, and New Jersey), large parts of the world have enjoyed the security of playing in a regulated environment for several years now. In the UK and large parts of Europe, internet poker is easily accessible. Deposits are fast and so are the payouts. Asia is a bit of a developing area, along with North and South America.
Factors We Use When Choosing Where To Play
Below are just some of the factors we are reviewing to find the best online poker sites. Our unique sorting tool (currently in beta development) will offer custom search parameters but generally we aim to see the following qualities and attributes of any poker site listed in our ratings and reviews.
- Game Variations and Formats – whether a fan of tournaments or cash games, Texas Holdem or Omaha, online poker sites should not only offer your favorite types of games, but also be able to sustain traffic at your levels.
- Tournaments – one of the great things about playing online is being able to sit down and join any type of tournament you want, often instantly. Whether a sit and go pro, or an all day multi table tournament grinder – look at tournament schedules to see what’s offered before joining.
- Cash/Ring Games – A list of easy poker sites with loose and fishy games that are easy to beat, and a guide to traffic at various poker sites for each poker game variation.
- Stakes and Limits – play at levels you are comfortable with, and have options for moving up or down.
- Rake and Fees – nothing impacts a win rate more than the rake you pay to sit at the table, evaluate offers and promotions in order to get the most cash back on your action.
- Bonuses and Rewards – Finding the best value for your money is important when considering where to play poker online, but the fine print can be confusing. Know the terms and conditions before accepting any offer. Search the best deposit bonus for every poker site, on each online poker network. Bigger isn’t always better in the case of poker deposit bonuses and often times it’s important to read the fine print and determine the exact requirements of each poker signup bonus.
- Software – having fast, user friendly platforms is important. Additional considerations include compatibility with operating system, mobile availability, and add ons.
- Legality – as we said earlier, legal markets are safe to play at and attract the most recreational players. Stick to well trusted sites that are licensed in your part of the world to be safe.
- Poker Deposit Methods – funding online poker accounts can often be frustrating and complicated. We explore the best ways to deposit money at online poker sites without excessive fees, hassle, or delays. Poker site deposits are typically made with credit cards, but some players use echecks, bank transfers, third party wallets, or pre-paid vouchers to make payments.
Reputable websites also offer game variations and formats at various stake levels and betting structures, including No Limit, Pot Limit, Spread Limit and Fixed Limit. In addition, the best online poker sites offer several ways to play their poker game types, including cash games, free rolls, sit and go tournaments and multi-table tournaments. Many of the best online poker sites also allow players with a sufficient VIP level to create their own tournaments, in which the tournament organizer can decide certain rules as well as who to invite.
Easy Deposits with Fast Payouts
The best poker websites allow for real money play by accepting a wide variety of deposit and payout methods, including e-wallets, credit and debit cards, prepaid cards and bank transfers. Ideally, you should look for online poker websites that process deposits for free and withdrawals for a nominal fee. Many of the best online poker sites also accept many withdrawal methods free of charge, though you may still be required to pay a fee to your actual banking method. It’s important to note that poker banking methods are generally restricted by country, and that some online poker websites only accept a limited number of deposit methods.
Support For Your Country/Currency
It’s important to determine whether a given online poker website accepts players from your country before registering for real money play. Although there are a broad range of online poker sites that cater to players from around the world, online poker site choices for US players can be more limited. Contact the online poker website’s customer support team to determine whether its services are offered in your location. The best online poker websites accept the most popular currencies, including US Dollars, Euros, Canadian Dollars and Pounds. If you wish to deposit in a different currency, view the Banking or Cashier page of your online poker site for information regarding currency acceptance and conversions.
Deposit Bonuses And Signup Promotions
In addition to rotating promotions, the best online poker sites offer several types of regular bonuses, such as Refer a Friend bonuses, initial deposit bonuses, reload bonuses and VIP loyalty programs. Initial deposit bonuses usually represent the most lucrative bonuses offered by online poker websites, and are awarded as bonus dollars upon your first deposit at the site. Look for an online poker site with an initial signup bonus of at least 100% up to $600. Reload bonuses are offered by the best online poker websites for players who deposit on certain days or with certain banking methods following their first deposit. Refer a Friend bonuses reward you for getting a friend to sign up and deposit, while VIP programs reward players at online poker websites for frequent real money play.
Reputable online poker websites offer information regarding their data encryption techniques, the number of years they’ve been in operation, and their track record of offering fair and balanced game play. This information can generally be viewed at an online poker website’s About Us page, or in a FAQ. In addition, it’s best to seek online poker websites offering multiple forms of customer service, including email, live chat and toll-free phone.
Guide and Top Lists
List of “top 5” type rankings based on specific factors listed below, we plan to add and improve to each of these pages in the very near future.
- Safety And Security
- Best Deposit Bonuses
- Best Bad Beat Jackpots
- High Deposit Limits
- High Stakes Sites
- Low Limit Options
- Low Rake
- Best Customer Support
- Small Poker Sites
- Subscription Based
- High Traffic
- Loose/Fishy Poker Sites
- Best No Deposit Poker Sites
- Best Play Money Sites
My Qualifications / About Me – my name is MJ, I have been involved in poker since 2006 right as the UIGEA went into effect, I played mostly $5 games on Party Poker until they left the US market and then bounced around between Ultimate Bet and Full Tilt for the most part – but I also played various other sites on the Cake and Merge network when chasing a bonus or scouting easy games. I am well known as an honest player to deal with. My best live poker experience was playing a World Series Of Poker event in 2008, and I hope to get back soon and play the main event sometime as my son gets a bit older. Be confident that my experience and recommendations offered on this website are not paid advertisements but honest unbiased reviews.
I’ve personally found depositing and withdrawing to be the most important factor and I usually only keep large amounts of money at the best poker site with easy banking options and decent (competent) support. I’ve handled hundreds of thousands of dollars in transactions so I feel like I have a good take on it.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns about any of the best online poker sites listed here on my website please don’t hesitate to contact me through the form on this site (coming soon). Please, no solicitation by poker rooms though – if I want to list your poker site I will come to you.